View count: 8038
- In order to effectively apply every source and to save time and energy, the library has been aggressively promoting the use of computers in every business and has produced fruitful results. Consequently, it has opened a new page in the history of libraries in Taiwan because of the following deeds:
- In 1986 the library became the first in Taiwan to implement automated library integrated system-DOBIS/LIBIS/TALIS-integrating Chinese, Japanese, and Western languages in one database and searching by one system.
- In 1986 the branch library in the Business and Management Building was the first in Taiwan to adopt a complete Online Public Access Catalog; in other words, it is the first library without card catalog.
- In 1986 the library was the first user of OCLC in the Asian region.
- In 1988 the library initiated the use of academic network BITNET and in 1991 adopted INTERNET to support library operations.
- In 2000 the library became the first in Taiwan to implement Unicode automated library integrated system – Virtua System.