Orbit

View count: 3979

Chronology


  • Established in 1950 to commemorate the first Chair of the Board of Trustees, Chu Cheng (居正) alias Chueh Sheng (覺生) , from whom the present name “Chueh Sheng Memorial Library “ was derived.

  • In 1986, the first library in Taiwan to implement automated library integrated system — DOBIS/LIBIS/TALIS.

  • In 1986, the first library in Taiwan to adopt a complete Online Public Access Catalog.

  • In 1986, the first user of OCLC in the Asian region.

  • In 1988, linked BITNET. n In 1991, linked INTERNET. n In 1994, to expand use of The FirstSearch Catalog.

  • In 1996, the new main library was completed and opened.

  •  In 2000, the first library in Taiwan to install Unicode library integrated system --Virtua.

  • In 2009, acquired ISO9001 quality management system certificate.